HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Affordable: Tuition Fees, Accommodation Fees, Food and Drinks, Transportation Fees,
North Cyprus Universities offer affordable tuition fees as well as accommodation fees. Estimated average living expenses for international students are approximately €300-€550 (EURO) per month.
Food and drinks bought from the grocery store instead of eating out in restaurants are naturally cheaper. An individual may spend give or take approximately €90 (EURO) every week for grocery items and beverages. Other shopping items as well as services are also affordable. For e.g.; a haircut costs around €7 (EURO) for men and €10 (EURO) for a woman, a Burger Kind meal costs around €7 (EURO).
Furthermore, North Cyprus offers affordable living conditions for students and this is amidst the reasons in why North Cyprus is fast becoming attraction spot for students from many different cultures and backgrounds.
In terms of transportation fees, almost all the universities provides buses for their students that goes around the both the campuses and cities. Besides, private transportation companies provide services between cities and taxis are also available for inner-city transportation.
A Brief List of Expenses:
- 1 package of marlboro cigarettes €2.67
- 1 month of gym membership in business district €25
- 1 min. of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans) €0.08
- 1 beer in neighbourhood pub (500ml or 1pt. ) €2.78
- Cappuccino in expat area of the city €2.93
- 2 tickets to the movies €8
- Tube of toothpaste €2.00
- Standard men’s haircut in expat area of the city €7
- 1 liter (1/4 gallon) of gas €0.92
- Taxi trip on a business day, basic tariff, 8 km. (5 miles) €9
- Hourly rate for cleaning help €9
- Laundry detergent (3 l. ~ 100 oz.) €4.30
- 1 kg (2 lb.) of apples €1.43
- 1 kg (2 lb.) of potatoes €0.97
- 0.5 l (16 oz) domestic beer in the supermarket €0.96
- 1 bottle of red table wine, good quality €7
- 2 liters of coca-cola €1.05
- Bread for 2 people for 1 day €0.75